28 ARTISTS & JOURNALISTS
their work and words, interviews, blogs, images, hints, tips, websites
and more...

Friday, August 10, 2012

calendar in sketchbook

calendar in sketchbook by vickylw
calendar in sketchbook, a photo by vickylw on Flickr.


Through the last 3 months of medical stuff, I have tried to keep a record for doctors on when, how often, and how severe. At first I folded the calendar sheets and tucked them in the pocket at the end of my sketchbook.

Then I thought, for convenience, why not tape them flat on the last page, using this removable double-sided tape? There are 4 month pages here, taped on top of each other at the upper edge --- I can easily flip to see other months. And when I fill this sketchbook, the whole thing removes to be placed in the new sketchbook.

I found the blank calendar sheets at Walmart, but they could also be easily printed at home. The tape was found in the scrapbook section of Hobby Lobby.

9 comments:

  1. Very clever solution, I have to keep records for my managing my diabetes, of what I eat, what my sugar levels are and how much insulin I take... I keep a separate little notebook for all of that... your calendar in the sketchbook looks like a good solution too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as the squares are roomy enough, this would work great for your Diabetes management. If you carry your sketchbook with you anyway, it's one less thing to grab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent idea! I keep track of my blood pressure in my journal, but only on each day's entry, so then when I wanted to show my doctor I had to go back through and write it all out on another sheet. You are SO clever...finding ways to integrate our lives and journals is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am I clever? Or just lazy? Anything that cuts down on paperwork or needing to find where I wrote something down . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I vote for clever! Wasting time looking takes away energy and creative time!

      Delete
  5. Vicky great idea! i am going to use it. Kate I think you should just let the Dr. meander through your sketches to read your blood pressure results. I bet that would be the high-light of his day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does like my sketches! So does the nurse-practitioner. And I've actually taken a reading before and after sketching, just for ducks--almost always it's lower after!:-D

      Delete
  6. What a great ideas -- I have several items I have to keep records on and if the squares are to small I could make two calendar for the same month but different records. THANKS everyone this will make life a little easier.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...