28 ARTISTS & JOURNALISTS
their work and words, interviews, blogs, images, hints, tips, websites
and more...

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Stuck Again? I Try to Slow Down...

July 2011: Palette by apple-pine
July 2011: Palette, a photo by apple-pine on Flickr.
Whatever happens around me, slowing down and really really looking at things - and not on my paper helps me to get things in focus. Yes - it's tilted, curved and not exactly proportionate. But I had a very slow, very meditative time while drawing the contour. Plus a lot of fun splashing color all over it ;)
July 2011: Early Morning

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Nina, this is wonderful advice...and yes, we all do get stuck or jaded or whatever, from time to time. I must say, it never SHOWS in your work, but you've said it's true so I believe you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are wonderful - I wish my intentional drawings looked as good as your blind contours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the image of the paintbox a *blind* contour? Wowser! That is terrific!

    I better keep practicing - mine always end up looking like urban traffic sprawl no matter what the subject is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you all for your kind words :) I enjoy blind contour very much and even more so when it looks like urban traffic sprawl - it's the process that makes me truer person :) oh - and your wonderful comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...